family crisis center
16 e. main st.
rexburg, id 83440
A representative from the family crisis center will be at City hall every third monday from 11 am to 3 pm to assist citizens with questions about the many programs they can offer or to report concerns they may have to advocates.
services the family crisis center provides include on call advocates for domestic violence and sexual abuse, counseling services, an extensive food bank, clothing assistance, and care packages for transient subjects.
food, clothing and monetary donations
are accepted at your menan city
building (664 N. 3530 E.) on behalf of the
family crisis center.
Family Crisis Center Brochure
What is Domestic Violence?
- Domestic Violence is a pattern of behavior used to establish power and control over another person through fear and intimidation, often including the threat or use of violence.
- Other terms for domestic violence include intimate partner violence, battering, relationship abuse, spousal abuse, or family violence.
Who is Most Likely to Suffer from Domestic Abuse or Become a Victim of Domestic Violence?
- Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, income, or other factors.
- Women and men can be victims of domestic violence.
How Often Does Domestic Violence Occur?
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime.
- (information credit www.safehorizon.org)