City Code / Statutes
City of Menan
Download Full City Code
TITLE 5 PUBLIC UTILITIES AND PROPERTY
CHAPTER 4 PARKS AND COMMUNITY FACILITIES
SECTION 5-4-5 SECURITY DEPOSIT
(A) Amount; Factors: The security deposit to be furnished the City, if required hereunder, shall be the sum of not less than three hundred dollars ($300.00), and conditioned on
(1) The person or organization to whom such a permit is issued, and his heirs or its successors and assigns, indemnifying the City against any and all loss or damage to City property;
(2) Full and complete protection of the City against any and all litigation growing out of the granting of such use or anything done under such permit;
(3) Return of the property to the same condition and degree of cleanliness that it was in prior to commencement of the use by the person or organization, and removal of any item of property left or placed in or on the park property by such person or organization or any member thereof;
(4) Faithful performance and observance of all the terms and conditions of the permit; and
(5) Prompt and full payment of all compensation required by the City as a condition of such use of property, if any such compensation is required.
(B) Coverage; Return of Balance: The deposit shall not cover personal injury or property damage resulting to persons or organizations other than the City of Menan. After review of the premises by the City, the City shall return, in its absolute discretion, any amount not reasonably necessary to restore the premises to its condition prior to use by the permittee.