City Code / Statutes
City of Menan
Download Full City Code
TITLE 5 PUBLIC UTILITIES AND PROPERTY
CHAPTER 3 TREES AND SHRUBBERY
SECTION 5-3-4 PROHIBITED CONDUCT
It shall be unlawful to:
(A) "Top" any public tree in such a way that the crown is removed or severely cut back.
(B) Cut down, destroy, or damage any public tree without permission from the City Council.
(C) Attach devices or signs to any public tree.
(D) Dispose of or apply any substance toxic to trees near any public trees or on public property.
(E) Damage any public trees as a result of construction or excavation activities.
(F) Vandalize or deface any public tree.
(G) Remove or damage any device whose purpose is to provide care or support for any public tree.
(H) Fail to remove branches, stump, or debris resulting from tree maintenance or natural disaster from any right-of-way. Responsibility for removal lies with the owner of the tree.
(I) Plant public trees that:
(1) Are within four feet (4') of any building or structure.
(2) Are within ten feet (10') of fire hydrants or utility poles.
(3) Are within three feet (3') of existing curb, sidewalk, or asphalt.
(4) Are within ten feet (10') of sewer access.
(5) Are within twenty feet (20') of a stop or yield sign.
(6) Are within the site triangle of any public intersection. Trees shall not obscure sight between three feet (3') and seven feet (7') in height and must be located at least 30 feet (30') from any corner of an intersection.
(7) Have a maximum height that will eventually interfere with overhead power lines.